Sunday, January 4, 2009

Is The Democratic Party Going The Way Of The Dinosaur?

So, what is the county Dem party up to these days? Oh, defending it's fearless leader's vote against a GLBT center in Racine. Fucking brilliant move on their part, eh? And, I'm pretty sure they're still passing around acrimony like hors d' oevers at the meetings. Then there's this e-mail going around that includes this passage, "We must not get caught up in our personal ambition and singular dogma."-- you know, so you don't lose sight of the bigger picture. *cough* I almost spit water out my nose on that one.
The county dem party refuses to discuss having a women's committee (chairman Mao Mike Shields told me to my face in_no_un-certain_terms he would not allow a women's committee or any committee based on gender or race or anything else that divided people into groups. Odd coming from the now head of Racine's NAACP, isn't it? Also, I hope he sent that meme to the state to inform them that the state women's caucus might be insulting to his delicate sensibilities). Ooo, it just occurred to me that there is also a college dems GLBT group, perhaps they should be alerted also?
It also refuses to use the internet to send out an e-newsletter to save money and paper, I'm thinking environmental or tech committees at this point would be just too funny to propose. don't even think about explaining to the leaders what an e-mail blast is or how to text to a large group. Also, it's funny because they don't seem to want to use the intertubes but somehow always know what I'm posting on here........a lurker I assume.

So, here's MHO.....if the party can't depend on it's leaders to put aside their personal ambitions in order to defend GLBT rights, can't grasp the use of the intertubes, thinks women don't have gender specific issues they don't want to share with men, has to wrestle with having 22 executive board members while only 5 make the actual decisions, can't have one meeting without some sort of dreary drivel about by-laws or why someone can't do something on their own without top officer clearance they might as well throw themselves into the nearest tar pit now. Because they are dinosaurs.
But, hey, that's just my personal take on what's what with this party. Of course I'm far from the only one who thinks this, but it appears I'm the only one who really doesn't give a shit about what they say about me anymore and "keeping it in the family" mentality has that all too familiar ring of keeping nasty family secrets to the detriment of some family members.

BACK TO BLUE RACINE